Friday, March 12, 2010

Wow, 2 inches in 3 months!!


























Jamie has grown 2 inches in 3 months!! He was measured 6 weeks apart two times and each time he gained an inch. Wow. He went from the 10th percentile for height to the 40th! Yay! I'm thinking all of that egg and other protein is making him shoot up. He lost 2 lbs from the last weigh in and currently weighs 28 lbs so 60th percentile for weight (instead of previous 75th.) I think it's probably that he's been gluten free a couple of weeks and dairy free for one and the rice milk is low fat. Who knows. All I know is I'm amazed that he has grown so much b/c typically between the age of 1 and 2 they only grow 2 inches and he's already done 2 in 3 months!

We went out to eat recently and Jamie was tilting his head back for me to put some food in his mouth. I told him he looked like a baby bird and he tucked his hands inward towards his chest so his elbows were out and started pretending to flap his wings and say bok bok. ;-) He learned to do the chicken dance from Sesame Street. Elmo, also known as Mo Mo to Jamie, is Jamie's favorite obsession and he insists on seeing Elmo on tv every day. We really need to buy some more Elmo videos b/c we're getting tired of the same ones. I DVR Sesame Street often so we have those episodes to watch as well.
Jamie has been very upset lately about daddy not being there during the day for him so each morning and every day after he wakes from nap the first thing he says is, " Dada?" and then when I tell him he's at work he gets angry and starts crying and yelling, " Bye bye" at me and pointing to the door, telling me to leave. It's getting tiring. He's also hitting me more. I think it's a combo of him processing and understanding things more (like daddy not being there during the day when he wants) coupled with heading towards the more independant 2's. Weeee. I try to be consistent with him but it's hard! Anyway, he's still cute as ever, regardless of what his mood is like at any given moment. ;-) Here are some pictures! In one of them you see he is wearing his baby bear in our Ergo Sport carrier (hmm, a bit big on him.) Thanks for that teddy bear Grandma!
Jamie continues to really improve on his basketball throw and David and I are truly impressed now. He shoots up and forward w/ force and is netting the ball now from a couple feet away sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he sure is growing in so many ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wish he would like me more when he wakes up and sees me in the morning! Nothing like having your kid yell angrily at you to leave the room and go away every single morning and every day after nap. It's getting old and sadly it's getting worse! I don't really know how to encourage him to move past this. He is very upset that daddy isn't there for him all the time and certainly makes his preference known!

    ReplyDelete