Ack! I remembered to video a lot of Christmas morning and day events but I completely forgot to take actual snap shots. Oops. Sorry! Well David forgot too so at least I'm not alone. I was enjoying the events and didn't want to have to miss anything to take pictures. So these are the day after and a cute one from yesterday at the end.
We had snow this Christmas! What fun! Jamie's second snow event where we could sled this winter. He is getting to be a pro. Well except for the fact that he rocketed down the hill straight into a bush. He he. Yeah. The second time he went by himself David and I wised up and David stood where the sled should stop to prevent that from happening again. We were joking that the social worker would just love being there that moment when our son careened into the bush. ( You reading, W?) ;-) Thankfully he was laughing the whole time.
Jamie adores the new play food he got for Christmas from his cousin. He especially likes to pretend to cook hotdogs (there are a lot of plastic hot dogs in the package for some reason) and Jamie's mom mom (my mother) told me that the other day he was even placing plastic hotdog buns on top of the lid to 'steam' (he watches me put them over the pot of boiling water to steam the buns on a cake cooling rack while the hotdogs cook.)
Jamie's language is really coming along from where it was. Yesterday he asked for more pretzels and actually said pretzel! Up til now it's been peh peh. He is growing up so fast. He has always been a chatterbox. It's nice to be able to understand even more of it. He is also really developing imaginative play so much more extensively now. One of his favorite things is to have David or anyone else make his stuffed animals come to life and talk to him and play with him. This is a nightly activity at our house with his stuffed dog GoGo and his stuffed cat. Mandy, if you're reading this, Jamie just adores that orange striped Ikea kitty you sent him. That cat and his stuffed dog are his constant companions when he's playing at home. He's playing with them right now as a matter of fact.
Jamie is enjoying ballet right now (winging his bent leg out behind him for a split second) and loves to pretend to do monster truck ballet with his monster trucks. " Moh moh truck...balllaaaay" he says. What an adorable age he is getting to now. He seems to be becoming more reasonable than he's been so far, thank God. He's usually quite reasonable for a 2.5 year old!
Pop Pop likes to play a game with Jamie where he pretends to steal 'Ham'. Ham is the name Jamie gave to his blanket, I think I've mentioned before. Jamie likes the game sometimes but then becomes fixated on whether Pop Pop might steal ham and he says, " No Pot Pot Haaaam." Pop Pop came up with a solution. He brought out a towel at his house and showed Jamie and pretended that it was his own blanket named pork chop. It is a riot to hear Jamie saying, " No Pot pot Ham. Pot Pot powk chot!"
For a few weeks leading up to Christmas Jamie was often saying, " Ho ho ho! Meh meh Kih Kih!"
I'm sure there are many more things I could write but that's going to be it for now.
I did read it- so glad to know that kitty has staying power ;D
ReplyDelete