Monday, February 7, 2011

Good luck, mommy!

Jamie is on a ' good luck' kick lately. He wished our city good luck on a drive the other day with his Mimi (D's mom) and yesterday he had David and I in stitches b/c as David was getting ready to take Jamie to a playground and leave the house, I said, " Goodbye and have fun. Mommy is going to stay here and clean the house." Jamie replied, " Bye bye, mommy. Good luck!" If you knew how messy we tend to be you'd be laughing at Jamie wishing me luck on the cleaning. I had a good laugh.

Last week was the beginning of Chinese New Year, as Jamie calls it, " Bunny!" the year of the rabbit. We went out for Chinese dinner with my parents and had Jamie dressed in some beautiful clothing that Mimi picked up in Hong Kong last year (nice silk outfit w/ gold dragons.) My parents came along for the dinner and David and Pop Pop were playing games with Jamie while we ate. David was starting to the play the 'got your nose' game and then Pop Pop said to Jamie, " Got your ear!" and pretended to take his ear. Jamie said, " No, Pot Pot (pop pop), too hard ear." Then he demonstrated trying to pull his ear off/tugging. He said again, " Too hard! No work!" He was so cute tugging on his ear saying it doesn't work and it's too hard. ;-)

On Chinese New Year, family members give children red envelopes with money inside. We all gave some dollar bills to Jamie this one, one per envelope. I asked him what he wanted to buy with his new year money and he said, " White choc choc momahley (money.) Buy white choc choc momahley." So today I took him to buy his own bag of Lindt white chocolate balls. He chose the variety then handed the cashier his three dollars. He seemed to enjoy doing it all himself.
I don't have any pictures to add yet b/c we've had some technical difficulties w/ taking pictures (haven't since Christmas basically) but we'll get it up and going soon again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're updating the blog again and that I checked in today :D

    ReplyDelete