Saturday, April 16, 2011

Asian boy Shirley Temple

I have the cutest boy known to man. This boy is seriously an Asian boy Shirley Temple. He's got the curls and the cute factor and he has a boy version of her absolutely adorable voice and giggle. Jamie, forgive me if you're reading this later when you're a teen or a man, and you are all boy in manner and actions, but somehow, you constantly make me think you're like Shirley Temple! Everyone else, forgive me for indulging in gushing about how adorable and cute my son is, lol. I hope I haven't already written about this as I have a sieve for memory, but lately Jamie is eating more vegetables and fruits. YeeeeHAWWWWWW!! Been a long time coming. He still isn't open to a ton of variety, but I'll take what we have! Part of what got him into it was this whole role play thing we do as good knights vs bad knights trying to steal the castle. Jamie always is the good knight of course. I make a galloping sound and pretend to be a bad knight and say, " I am here to take the castle good knight!" And he says, " No!" and puts his arms up and trembles in an 'I am so strong' kind of way. Then I say, " Uh oh. You look strong. Are you strong?" He answers that he is strong and I'll say, " Oh no. You haven't been eating your vegetables and fruits, have you? Green beans (or whatever veg is on his plate) make you super strong!" He says, " Yes, me eat green bean!" then I shout, " Run away! I shall run away. You are too strong! I will not take your castle!" Then Jamie has started saying lately, " It's okay bad knight. Me nice knight. Come for dinner." then I thank him and pretend we're eating dinner together at the castle. This single role playing act has worked now for over two months nearly every single night! He goes from saying no after one green bean to then wanting to be the one to eat the most! (He is very competative by nature.) He has eaten full servings of veg or of fruit nearly every night! If your toddlers don't like veg and are imaginative maybe this game will work for you. I don't know how long it'll last but at least he's getting used to flavors and textures. I cannot wait to put up pictures or videos. We will try to buy a new camera cord if we can't locate it. We cannot find it anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment