It is a rarity to see snow in these parts. How fun that we got some today so Jamie could experience it. I would say so Jamie could enjoy it but I am not sure whether he really enjoyed it or not, lol. He liked being pulled on the sled but was happy to go inside too. He clearly enjoed looking at the snow while inside and hearing us talk about it with him. He spent a good deal of time peering out the door and windows. ;-) I wish we got more snow in the winters where we live. Jamie seems to have a great sense of balance and he loves to move on objects either standing or sitting (he successfully stood on a razor scooter (a type of streamlined scooter that is cool) with me only lightly holding him on it the other day while I rolled it back, forth and in a circle!) I could see him really enjoying skiiing if we had a lot of snow around us.
Anyway, here are the snowy day pictures! After going outside, you can see Jamie enjoying a warmed bottle of milk. We usually save those for nap and nighttime but his cheeks were cold from outdoors. While I didn't get pictures of this, Jamie also enjoyed watching the many wild birds eating birdseed that David sprinkled out on the snow on the deck. (This is what he is doing while drinking that bottle in the picture.) We had 13 morning doves, about 13 Juncos, the typical array of chickadees, titmice, cardinals, sparrows, etc and a few new-comers like Rufous-sided Tohees (David got a kick out me saying, "Look!! A rufous-sided towhee!!" (I took ornithology in college otherwise I'd never know a lot of breeds.) And at some points of the day all of these birds were assembled *at the same time* on the deck! Oh, and 4 squirrels. Jamie enjoys watching these birds and squirrels every day while he eats breakfast and when it snows, boy do the birds come in droves! He seemed impressed w/ the sheer number of visitors to the deck.
You know what is cute? We recently taught Jamie that chickadees say, " Chicka-dee-dee-dee-dee" and now if you ask Jamie, " What does the Chickadee say?" he will answer " Uhh dee dee". He also knows that crows say caw caw and tonight he remembered that even though it's been some days since I told him that. He is one smart kid! Okay, bragging done for now. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment