I like to call Jamie's language right now Jamese b/c it's a mixture of actual words, parts of words and Jamie's made up words for things. B/c I am using this blog in part as a diary to remember things by I want to make a list for myself (and you if you're interested) of some of the things Jamie currently likes to say at 2 years 4 and a half months:
yo yo= yogurt ( want yo yo, want yo yo if often chanted as it's a favorite food along with his still favorite waffuh (waffle)
dow me, dow me= I want to get down
bah and upadee= up (he still can't say the p on up and says uh if we push him to say up)
ree ree= rain or raisin depending on the context
hammm = ham
hammm= his favorite blanket
di dee = dizzy
teh teh= pretend
want want= want (he nearly always says it twice for emphasis)
rye= rind
buh= book like book but no k on the end
laow= loud, basically say loud but leave off the d and that is what he says
tah tuh= trash truck. He can say tuck for truck but still says tah tuh
bird is still just his lips vibrating and making a ringing sound, so adorable. He can say buh for bird but refuses
mommm mommm= my mother, his grandma. He named her this b/c he couldn't say grammy so she is now mom mom. I love how he is so careful to pronounce the m and it gets drawn out.
how= house
hommmmme= home
daddy cat= daddy cat; he pretends to be daddy cat on a daily basis
two baby, two baby cat= we are his baby cats
bah= bob the builder
hah= hat (he always indicates that men where hats and he often pretends to be a man wearing a hat, especially if he just accomplished something he's proud of. Then he always tells me he is a man and he's wearing a hat.
mah= man
lay lay= lady or ladder
a combo of a z, g and s sound with ee on the end twice for Jesus
king= king
bobo= rainbow, one of his favorite things
tuck= truck
tah tah= tower (water tower)
cow= cow
cow= car
chee= cheese
mick= milk
bah booh= bottle
nyat nyat= dump truck
dap doo= upstairs
tah= trash
me at (prounced with two syllables) = meat
fry= french fries
nuh nuh= nuggets (chicken nuggets)
rye= ride (like in the stroller)
peh peh= pretzle, one of his favorite snacks
lellow= yellow
gee= green (yellow and green and sometimes black are the three colors he identifies readily now)
loo= loose
pee= please
dah doo= cockadoodledoo
dee deah= dirty
tah taow= guitar
clee ah= clean
want coo coo was cookie but now he can say coo kie (as separate words)
Jamie often says no as if he's saying get out of town. You have got to be kidding me! It cracks us up!
tight= tight
pee pull= said very deliberately for people almost like two separate words
dah= dog. He holds his hand out and wants nearly every dog to come and lick it or go to visit him.
walk walk= he often says it and also uses his two fingers to mimic walking when he tells me he wants to walk somewhere
booh booh= boom boom ( he is often talking about trucks or cars hitting or various things including drums.) In fact he calls drums booh booh (he can almost put the m on the end.)
wait= he'll hold up his hand to mimic holding me at bay and be very serious in his face like an adult telling me to wait if he's pooping, lol. It's a serious matter after all.
twoooo, twooo go! = one two, go! (he doesn't do the one two three yet but does w/ help, lol) Jamie says two two, go! for lining up to race on foot and for when he blows his nose
bobadee started the whole Jamese thing and he still says it nearly every day, often still waking from his nap singing bobadee, bobadeeeeeeee! (basketball.) Jamie used to thank Jesus for basketball every night when daddy prays with him before bed. David would say things like thank you Jesus for mommy and for (various people in our lives) then Jamie added bobadee, lol.
When I tell Jamie about Jesus creating the animals and nature and people he always reminds me that Jesus created bobadee and tah tuhs too (trash trucks.)
Jamie likes to imitate a dinosaur and tiger the same way with a really good and amazingly deep growl. His latest thing since moving on from his old awesome dance moves is to play air guitar. He's added the growl now so he is pretending to be a dinosaur playing the guitar, lol. He is very musically-oriented and I love that. He often hums and sings to himself when he is happy and content (which is much more often now, thankfully.) He was a happy boy pretty easily before but tended to get in a grumpy funk with David and I when we're home w/ him but now he's generally pretty easy to be happy even just with me. Yay!
Jamie still loves to make excellent siren sounds. I am always impressed with how realistic he can get some of them (well compared to my really bad imitation.) He loves fire trucks and ambulences and police cars. He sometimes calls the police cops. He also says law. David and I had told him when he was fighting the car seat that it was the law and the police tell us we have to follow and obey the law and children have to be in car seats. This made a big impression on him and when I started telling him he needed to obey mama and do X, he started saying, " mama.... law. mama....law." Made me laugh so hard! He is often saying rules are laws like if I say we have to throw out our trash at his favorite play museum instead of leaving it there he'll say, " name of museum.... law.' several times.
We've tried to cut down on his whining by saying things like, " Jamie. Does mama listen to whining? I don't think so!" I say the I don't think so in a playful teasing kind of way with a smile and that usually gets him to stop whining and laugh. If he still whines I say in a very animated way, " Where did happy boy go? Where did happy Jamie go?" and I pretend to start looking for him behind and under things. When I say where did happy Jamie go, Jamie usually immediately replies, " Bye bye!" in a teasing voice but then laughs as I search for him. Amazing how he is almost never whiney then and usually responds well. He sure doesn't remember for long though and then we're back at it, but at least he knows we don't like whining and he has to use his words.
Jamie enjoys pretending to be in a parade and will either say toot toot (one of the first words he could put an end consonant on!) as he plays an imaginary trumpet or he'll use a paper towel tube and he has a train whistle flute (thanks Pop Pop and Mom Mom!) that he loves to play. He'll often do the flute in his mouth and march while simultaneously banging a drum he's carrying.
Whenever Jamie is going to attempt something and he's confident that he won't fall down or he does accomplish something and doesn't fall down he says, " No uh oh." Usually it's after the fact.
I'm sure I'll think of other things and I'll add them then.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! That is so cute. We also call Tyson's speaking "Tyson-ese" because it sounds like his own little language. It sounds like Jamie is communicating pretty well. That's great!
ReplyDelete