Monday, June 13, 2011

Jamie's 3rd birthday!









































Jamie recently turned three! I can't believe it! Sorry I didn't post sooner. We finally found our camera cord connector so I can upload some pictures here!


There have been so many Jamie 'funnies' I kept meaning to write down that unfortunately with my memory as crummy as it is, I forget. So often he'll say something really funny and I think, " I've got to write that down!"


Pop Pop taught Jamie something I was hoping would be reserved for when he was a lot older (thanks a lot, Pop Pop!)~~the phrase, " Well, duh!!!" Well to my surprise (and consternation) Jamie knows the appropriate context for when to use the phrase apparently. The other day Jamie was experimenting with banging his head on some object; not a genius thing to do and not something he usually does. He said, " Owww! Well.....duuuuh!" I laughed b/c he said it at the right time for sure.



Jamie greatly enjoyed his third birthday party at his cousin Ava's house. Ava has a wonderful pool and a nice pool house at her house so it is ideal for birthday parties! Jamie and one other boy were the only boys at the party w/ 6 girls! (The boy and his two sisters are good friends of ours.) All of the other girls are Jamie's cousins. They all had a great time swimming! They enjoyed kid friendly dinner and cake and then when it was time to open presents you should have seen Jamie's face when he opened the Cranky the crane from the Thomas the train series. He has been longing with a deep longing for that toy for a long time now. He was jumping up and down and squealing and doing the dance of joy when he opened it. On the way home that night, in his car seat w/ cranky on his lap, he said, " Is Cranky for my very own?" I said, " Yes, Jamie, Cranky is your very own. Aunt Cathy gave it to you. It's your birthday present and you get to keep it." " For my very own?" he questioned. " I no have to give back?" he said quietly. " No Jamie, you get to keep it forever as your very own." A sudden shriek of delight filled the car and he said, " Yay! Cranky my very own!!! Yay!" He was so cute!



Here are some recent pictures (I'll do one from birthday and then other stuff.)

By the way, the one of him eating ice cream w/ his friend~~that is Will, his friend who was also at the same orphanage at about the same time as Jamie. We are so lucky and blessed to have been able to get to know Will and his family. He is a delightful little boy and we just love their whole family. Thanks to them we also discovered a nice beach to take Jamie to sometimes! We are glad we got to see them this spring as we don't live in the same area. I'll make a separate post sometime soon w/ more pictures since it's been so long! The picture of Jamie in his PJ's with his hand up in the air is from his birthday morning, fresh out of the crib (note the crib hair, lol.) He was delighted that it was his birthday! By the way, big news--he is working on potty training and doing a wonderful job at home. We're hoping we might ditch the diapers before too long when we're out and about as well!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Jamie! I recognized Will right away when I saw his picture. We know Will and his family through our local agency that did our home studies when we and his parents were waiting to bring our boys home from China. I love the Cranky the Crane anecdote. Hope Jamie had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete