Okay, completely unexpected, but David's mom did a really wonderful thing for us: she donated her travel points for our airline tickets! Our tickets are free except for Jamie's lap ticket and a few very small fees. Wow!! We are thrilled. Thank you!
Now the downside to traveling to China is the length of time it takes to get there. UGH!! 26 hrs going over and 24 coming back. Going will be grueling but tolerable as it's just us. Imagining us w/ an over-tired, bewildered, active and lively toddler in 24 hr transit is going to be a huge challenge to us competely, I am sure. We will be bringing back an umbrella stroller w/ us to help us during the long layovers. We get a 4 hr layover in the Tokyo airport coming home. David and I have been wanting to visit Japan some day. It's kind of funny that we're technically there yet so not. ;-) We'll get to have some sushi though and buy Jamie some soba noodles while we wait. I also will look forward to being able to safely eat ice cubes at the Tokyo airport. Normally I don't care but after 14 days where it isn't even possible safely, it'll be a pleasure.
I have a feeling I am going to *really* love our stroller on the trip back!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jacqueline and David,
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I returned Dec. 4, 2009 with our daughter Megan. She was living in Chendgu at the Children's Welfare Inst. I recognized the building from pictures you had of your son. Megan is 3 and thriving. We had a wonderful experience in Chengdu. Our guide from Holt was Echo Jiang. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to e-mail. I see you are leaving soon. Have a wonderful trip.
Mary and Don