Here are a few pictures of Jamie in the past week or two. He sure loves to try to walk in daddy's shoes! He also likes his robot pajamas and he loves climbing into and sitting on the new chair his Mimi gave him.
We are still having a time of it with his ongoing diarrhea. Oh please go...away......soooooooon!!!!!!!!! Ugh! Today it was a lot worse and three times (at least.) He is on giardia medication again in case he still has it (his last treatment was over about 2.5 weeks ago.) The doctor said we'll be seeing a pediatric gastro doc if it doesn't get better. I am so sick of this for my boy. I want him to be able to get some nutrition out of his food before it goes out of him. :( I don't think he's been absorbing much of it. However, he is one happy little guy, as you can see!
We are traveling to Chengdu soon. Do you reccomend taking giardia meds with us to start our son on? Also, have you thought about trying to eliminate cows milk? Maybe he's lactose intollerant????? Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWe have him on Lactaid whole milk, in case it was that and we also eliminated all dairy for about 5 days with no improvement (that was before the first giardia treatment before we knew he had it.) I would ask your ped about bringing the meds. Reason being what if your child is allergic to the antibiotic? Chances are the baby wouldn't be, but I'd run the idea by the pediatrician first. Easier to treat allergies here in US than in China. Alinia is the medicine the child gets for giardia. Another child came home w/ it too recently so I would expect you might have it happen as well. Apparently being lactose intolerant as an infant is very rare. I have read up to 90% of asians have some varying level of lactose intolerance once they are reaching adulthood but for babies it is rare.
ReplyDeleteWow, Jamie is looking so happy! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of him in dad's shoes!
ReplyDelete