Friday, October 23, 2009

We made it to China!

On Monday morning, we leave the hotel at 9:00 to go get Jamie.  It takes an hour to drive to the orphanage, so we think around 10:30 or so we should be meeting our boy!

 

The flight(s) over here weren't as difficult as I expected.  It's very warm in the hotel; there's no air conditioning in the room.  But we got them to bring up a fan, which helps a LOT.  (Jacqueline is still melting from the heat, though.)

 

The room is very nice, and the hotel looks swanky.  Best of all, they offer a very extensive buffet for breakfast, including many kinds of dim sum and noodle dishes.  Yum. :-d

 

We're slowly figuring out how to get things done, like getting local currency when the exchange services at the banks are closed.  And how to get around on the sidewalks with so many bicycles and pedestrians.  The drive here from the airport last night was memorable.  There was one intersection where I was sure we were going to be involved in a Gordion Knot of automobiles.  But somehow they all got by each other and the traffic untangled.

 

We'll be posting more, of course, as events progress.  Can't wait to see little James LuQuan!

 

--David


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you made it there! I'll be following along on your trip. I can't wait for the Monday update! Have a wonderful time and best of luck meeting that handsome baby boy. I'm so full of happiness for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I can't wait to read all of your updates. So happy for you guys. :D

    ReplyDelete