I guess we're all learning, not just Jamie. Jamie has some issues at mealtimes, I guess from his being in an orphanage. He tends to try to hold a ton of food in his mouth and doesn't want to swallow it before stuffing more in so we've had a lot of issues with feeding times. Today was so much better! I know each day can be completely different depending on his moods, but still, I am encouraged. At breakfast and lunch he didn't launch into screaming fits of anger if we didn't continually stuff him w/ bites before he swallowed the previous one. I gave him whole wheat french toast in little bite sized pieces and he loves drinkable yogurt so he enjoyed some strawberry keffir. He actually would eat the bite of french toast and swallow most of it before I'd give him the next and surprisingly he wasn't complaining like on all previous days. Then at lunch he was the same way w/ his chicken casserole. Let's hope dinner turns out the same!!
Our doctor said to start feeding him all regular food including whole milk (and this doctor is an allergist) even though the 2-3 diarrheas a day haven't gone. He said it can be good to have fat and veggies in the diet sometimes for diarrhea so we'll see what transpires. Only 1 diaper of it today so far so as long as we don't have more than 2 or 3 a day the doctor said it's fine b/c he's happy, healthy and hydrated.
Jamie really enjoyed his Mimi's (David's mom) visit today. She helped feed him lunch and believe it or not he actually let her hold him and he was happy! That shocked me b/c he's been not into anyone putting their arms towards him and has only had David or I hold him so that was cool. He also led her around by holding her finger. He's down for a nap now, David has gone down as well and I'm about to become the third family member (fourth if you include JoJo cat) to take a nap.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad that Jamie is doing better. :) I know you guys will have a wonderful holiday season.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!
ReplyDeleteI think that over the next few weeks, you will see a huge change in Jamie. The stability of your love and your home will do wonders for him.
I sent you a few PMs on RQ because I forgot to send a link :) Hang in there. I'm going to add your blog to my list if you don't mind. You are doing a great job, keep it up! I know it's exhausting.
ReplyDeleteJolene