I felt like putting up a picture of the woman in China who matched us with our son. Her name is Lily and she tries to travel to Guangzhou from her nearby city whenever her families come so she can share a meal and some conversation. She is so gracious and wonderful. I am so glad to have met her. She was so incredibly helpful to us every time we needed some info. She has a great relationship w/ the CCAA (Center for Chinese Adoption Affairs, the center that processes all China adoptions in China) so she did many things for us that we needed along the way. She also made some translations for me so I could show people laminated cards whenever we ate that said I was allergic to shrimp, crab, etc. I really enjoyed meeting her. Lily, you are an awesome woman and we thank you so much for caring for our family! I don't look great in the photo but I want to go ahead and share a picture of us with Lily!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! That's really cool.
ReplyDeleteHi Jacqueline,
ReplyDeleteI popped over from the OAKS board, hope we get the chance to meet soon! Your son is so very precious and while he is a bit younger than my Caleb was when he came home, so many of the actions are very similar.
I have to ask what agency you used ~ our agency for our third adoption has a Lily who lives near Guangzhou too.
Kristi
Our agency is Small World Adoptions. I know Lily works w/ Lifeline adoptions too and we were in a group w/ two families from that agency in Guangzhou. We all went out to dinner w/ Lily together. ;-)
ReplyDelete